If you don’t know about the yearly blogger trick-or-treat event, you can learn more about it on the hosts’ blog over at Great Imaginations! Check out the kick-off post here!
Basically, each blogger chosen to be a part of the Blogger Trick or Treat (whose posts you can find on Great Imaginations daily) are to post a Halloween-themed discussion, where we’ll hide our favorite Halloween candies somewhere in the post. Readers can “collect” these candies, visit Great Imaginations during the last day of the Blogger Trick or Trick Tour to join the international giveaway!
For today’s stop, I’m going to share a few spooky real-life experiences. I’m lucky that I’ve never seen anything scary face-to-face, but there were a few instances that gave me the chills. Without further ado, here they are!
The Trash Cans
Okay, confession: I sleep in my parents’ room
because I am a wimp to save energy and whatnot. ANYWAY, my mom and I were brushing our teeth in their restroom, and we heard the sound of clanging trash cans out back. My dad heard it too, and so did my uncle from the floor below ours. The men went ahead to check it out, and they said there was nothing–the trash cans were in perfect condition. There weren’t any animals nearby (since we live on the 4th floor).
Sometimes, when it’s bright out, I’m okay with being left alone at home. As usual, I was just on my laptop for the whole day, but after a while, my back started aching, so I laid down on the floor. I felt something pulling at my hair, so I got up, looked behind me, and saw nothing.
Our gate has a lock–that’s the main thing you need to know for this little story.
Anyway, my cousin stopped by to pick up his daughter. He rang the doorbell, waited for a while, then heard the lock click. He pushed the door open, looked around inside, and saw no one standing behind the door.
So our family’s company has this warehouse, and a few workers live there to prevent thieves and whatnot.
One day, they randomly decided to take a group photo, and they did. When they looked at the photo, there was a girl in white standing in the middle. Afterwards, their dog started to bark, and since some people say that dogs can sense spirits, they took a photo of the dog and once again, the girl in white was right there.
To end this post on a more positive note, I’m going to share a few non-spooky Halloween favorites! So let’s get right to it.
- Favorite costume/character you dressed up as? I only recall dressing up twice–once as Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, and once as Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family–so obviously I’ll go with Wednesday!
- Favorite Halloween candy? It’s so hard to pick one since I love everything–Skittles, M&Ms, chocolate eggs, gummi bears, Hershey’s Kisses, chocolate marshmallows–but for today, my favorite would have to be Hershey’s Kisses.
- Favorite Halloween read? I’ve only read a couple of horror books, but my favorite’s probably The Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco.
- Favorite Halloween show? I ban all television during the Halloween season because NO I CAN’T WATCH HORROR.
- Favorite Halloween destination? Anywhere with NO horror houses, please. xD
Do you have any spooky real-life experiences to share? What are your Halloween favorites? Do you turn off your TV during the Halloween season?! XD
If you liked this post, spread the love and tweet about it! You can click on the image below to automatically tweet:
Aimee loves being a little bookworm (okay–she doesn’t like being little). She also loves chocolates and sweets but is freaked out by the thought of possibly getting diabetes.