Let’s make 2016 even more awesome and badass than 2015 was!
2015 ended up being a heck of a year for me, surprisingly. I mean, let’s all be honest here. I was thinking 2015 was going to be a year of 95% shit and 5% blogging + reading, but it ended up being a year of new experiences and also some shit (but let’s not talk about that). So many things happened blog-wise and personal-life wise that will stick with me for a while. Possibly forever.
But instead of looking back, let’s look forward, to all the fabulous things we’re going to make happen in 2016.
1. READ MORE BOOKS. Okay, fine, I did set my Goodreads goal to only 100 books, but that’s actually WAY more books than I think I can read next year since I’ll be strolling around China for two months, and the rest of the ten months will be spent in school. Ick. ANYWAY. As of today (1/1/2016), Goodreads says that more than 11,800 books have been read already, and the day hasn’t even ended in most countries yet! LET’S GO, BOOKWORMS!!
2. SPREAD THE BOOKISH LOVE. The only thing better than reading books is reading books with other people. Spend some time pushing your friends to read your favorite books, and if you’re successful, discuss!
Personal Bookish Goals
1. READ AT LEAST 100 BOOKS. Yep, I can do this. GET LOST, SCHOOL.
2. READ AT LEAST 20 BOOKS PUBLISHED BEFORE 2016. I have an extreme love for new releases, but 20 books is a dent in my gigantic TBR and it’s doable. I think.
3. MEET UP WITH MORE BOOKNERDS. I AM AVAILABLE ON THURSDAYS AND SUNDAYS. Saturday dinners are great, too. Just don’t kidnap me and take me to your supreme overlord to sell my liver in the black market.
4. GO TO MORE BOOKISH EVENTS. And, you know, actually socialize with the people there.
5. POST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK ON EACH OF THE 3 BLOGS I’M PART OF. Geez I’m busy.
6. POST AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK ON MY BOOKSTAGRAM. Y’all should follow me @aimeereads because I’m fabulous and we both love books. You’re welcome.
7. PROMOTE MY REDBUBBLE STORE. I already have a bookworm merch page here on the blog (which you should totally check out, btw) and I’m excited as crap to keep designing. I’m thinking of putting up a suggestions form too. *wink*
Personal Life Goals
I have a crapload of personal life goals for this year, but generally, they include:
1. HUG MORE PEOPLE. It’s a legit goal, okay?!
2. DON’T DITCH OR GET DITCHED IN PROM. 27th January, I’M REALLY NOT READY FOR YOU. My dress isn’t even ready yet. Holy crap. I feel like I’m going to look like a pink puff ball.
3. GET FLEXIBLE. After the cheering experience this year, I kinda want to go again next year. Hopefully I’ll be able to split or even do a cartwheel by then. *prays to the Flexibility Gods*
4. SURVIVE IN CHINA. Pretty self-explanatory.
5. BE LESS SOCIALLY AWKWARD. After four years of being stuck with the same people in class, we’re going to shuffle next year and I’m going to have new classmates. That’s scary.
And that’s a wrap!
Really, I’m just hoping for 2016 to be as–if not more–amazing as 2015, both for you and for me and the entire human race. Got the reference? So here’s to a fantabulous 2016!
WHAT ARE YOUR BOOKISH AND LIFE GOALS FOR 2016? DO WE SHARE ANY IN COMMON?
If you liked this post, spread the love and tweet about it! You can click on the image below to automatically tweet:
Aimee loves being a little bookworm (okay–she doesn’t like being little). She also loves chocolates and sweets but is freaked out by the thought of possibly getting diabetes.