The Killing Jar
by Jennifer Bosworth
to be published on January 12th 2016 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux
young adult | dystopia | horror | fantasy
find the book on
“I try not to think about it, what I did to that boy.”
Seventeen-year-old Kenna Marsden has a secret.
She’s haunted by a violent tragedy she can’t explain. Kenna’s past has kept people—even her own mother—at a distance for years. Just when she finds a friend who loves her and life begins to improve, she’s plunged into a new nightmare. Her mom and twin sister are attacked, and the dark powers Kenna has struggled to suppress awaken with a vengeance.
On the heels of the assault, Kenna is exiled to a nearby commune, known as Eclipse, to live with a relative she never knew she had. There, she discovers an extraordinary new way of life as she learns who she really is, and the wonders she’s capable of. For the first time, she starts to feel like she belongs somewhere. That her terrible secret makes her beautiful and strong, not dangerous. But the longer she stays at Eclipse, the more she senses there is something malignant lurking underneath it all. And she begins to suspect that her new family has sinister plans for her…
1. HOW DARK DOES THIS BOOK SOUND? The synopsis, cover and title are giving me chills already.
2. “I try not to think about it, what I did to that boy.” Please don’t tell me I’m not the only one who read this line with a creepy voice.
3. [H]er terrible secret makes her beautiful and strong, not dangerous. WHAT IS THIS SECRET? TELL ME NOW.
4. THAT COVER. I need it on my shelf.
5. I’ve been meaning to read a book by Jennifer Bosworth for ages, and this seems like an awesome place to start.
Are you excited for The Killing Jar? Is it on your TBR? What book are YOU waiting on this week?
If you liked this post, spread the love and tweet about it! You can click on the image below to automatically tweet:
Aimee loves being a little bookworm (okay–she doesn’t like being little). She also loves chocolates and sweets but is freaked out by the thought of possibly getting diabetes.