The Year of Lightning
by Ryan Dalton
to be published on January 12th 2016 by Jolly Fish Press
young adult | science fiction | middle grade
find the book on
When 15-year-old twins Malcolm and Valentine Gilbert moved to a new town, they never imagined that the old house across the street could bring them so much trouble. A secret machine has reawakened inside, with the power to pierce time itself.
Meanwhile, lightning storms are breaking out all over town. They’re getting worse every week, and seem to enjoy striking kids who just want to pass science class and mind their own business. When Malcolm and Valentine discover a connection between the house and the storms, their situation goes from mysterious to crazy stupid dangerous. Someone is controlling the great machine, and their purpose is nearly complete.
In a race against time, the twins must uncover the chilling plan, the mastermind behind it, and the force that’s driving the deadly storms. They’ll hunt a powerful enemy that threatens their town’s existence, and the only clues are written in the sky
1. Lightning is pretty cool. It’s pretty badass. And this book incorporates it to the plot so yay!
2. The protagonists are twins! I can’t wait to see how the twins and the similarities/differences between them are developed.
3. It’s new and fresh. I find the idea appealing.
4. “The only clues are written in the sky?” Wait… literally?
5. It’s a new author and so I’m excited for new discoveries.
Thoughts on my pick? What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
I’m Sara, a Colombian teenager with a never-ending enjoyment for reading. I’m a Netflix and Disney enthusiast and my monumental obsession is coffee.