Aimee: The blog will be a bit slow for the first half of December because EXAMS! November was a pretty uneventful month for me–mostly just planning for Christmas parties and pre-Christmas shopping. Oh, and Marie Lu’s signing, of course, which I attended with Dyan. You can read my recap/rant here (but I still love you, Marie!).
Dyan: Wake up. Go to school. Sleep. Repeat that cycle for about 20 more times and that’s what happened to me this month. The only “exciting” thing that happened to me this month was going to Marie Lu’s book signing! Even that though, was kinda lame… Check out Aimee’s recap to find out what I’m talking about.
[click on the covers to go to the book’s GR page!]
Jay’s Of Beast and Beauty was gorgeous–which is why I didn’t pass up the opportunity to read Princess of Thorns in advance! (It comes out on the 9th!) Although not as amazing as Jay’s other novel, I thoroughly enjoyed the romance and elegant writing.
Marga | The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin | Goodreads review
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin was fantastic! Now I know why the release date was being back pushed again and again. Anyway, it was a pretty great end for a trilogy because all questions have been answered and it didn’t suck (unlike some trilogies lately)…
Zoe | The Young Elites by Marie Lu | blog review
My favorite book of the month was definitely The Young Elites by Marie Lu. The way Lu intelligently uses an antihero as the protagonist makes the story so much more complex and layered than your typical fantasy, and that made me that much more engrossed in the story.
Dyan | The Young Elites by Marie Lu | blog review
My favorite book of the month would have to be The Young Elites by Marie Lu. I loved it because you could literally feel the emotions that were going through the characters. It was amazing how you can feel Adelina’s sanity slipping away!
• The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu | review | 3.5 stars
• The Perilous Sea (The Burning Sky, #2) by Sherry Thomas | review | 4 stars
• Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin | review | 2.5 stars
• In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken | review | 2.5 stars
• Movie | Mockingjay (Part One) | review | 2.5 stars
• Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay | review | 3.5 stars
Average: 2.8 stars
• Bookworms! Have you ever done these crazy and not-so-crazy things?
• Bored? Here are 5 bookish things to do when you’re not reading…
• Marie Lu came to the Philippines! Here’s a quick recap and rant of the event.
• Aimee asks: should we make these changes?
[most anticipated reads–click the covers to check them out on Goodreads!]
Aimee | Amour Amour by Krista and Becca Ritchie
Dyan | No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown
Zoe | This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Marga | Chasing the Tide by A. Meredith Walters
Things to look forward to in December:
• It’s going to be a deadly Christmas… (author interviews + giveaways!) Schedule to be announced around the 15th.
• Deadly Darlings Ice Breaker (20 Things You Didn’t Know About Us Tag)
The blog is no longer a YA-only fiction blog. We’re opening up to other age groups as well! Now, you’ll be able to find New Adult, Adult and Middle Grade books to love and gush about on the blog!
More updates to come–some are still being talked about between the darlings.
That’s it for this month’s wrap-up, guys! Be sure to leave links to your monthly/weekly summaries for us to check out!
The Deadly Darlings
The four of us bookworms have one thing in common, and that’s our passion for books. We aim to bring awesome reviews, bookish updates and discussions to your feed!