Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful girls at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesdays topic is, “Top Ten Underrated Authors or Books in X genre.” My “X” is going to be ALL the genres. Yes, I may have cheated. Yes, it is fine because I am cool like that.
Anyway, here awesome pretty badass authors I think you MUST read from… Honestly, I don’t know who you’d consider an underrated author… I guess I’d call them “underrated” if their books are SO AWESOME and are not (YET) rated/read as much as widely-known authors such as JK Rowling, Rick Riordan, Cassandra Clare, Julie Kagawa, etc.
In no particular order…
1. ERIN MCCAHAN (Love and Other Foreign Words): Erin definitely knows how to make a quirky, fun atmosphere with a weird-in-a-good-way heroine… Her novel is definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for a read that will make you both laugh and think about the true meaning of love.
2. ABIGAIL HAAS (Dangerous Girls): This woman knows how to make my spine chill. She will make your eyes bulge and your skin crawl. A creepy atmosphere and tons of secrets and lies… Read at your own risk. But seriously, read it.
3. JENNIFER ELLISION (Threats of Sky and Sea): Love Throne of Glass? Try giving Jennifer’s book a go. She gives us a fierce heroine and a world of magic–who wouldn’t want that?
4. LIZ CZUKAS (Ask Again Later): I just finished Czukas’ Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless, and it was just as adorable and fun as Ask Again Later. She is a fab cutesy romance author.
5. RIN CHUPECO (The Girl from the Well): HELLO! PH author here! Of course I had to support her. Not only that, but she wrote a fantastic, intense, VERY scary debut novel set in JAPAN. Nobody can resist a retelling of The Ring. Right?
6. DANIELLE L. JENSEN (Stolen Songbird): Ha! Bet you didn’t see this one coming. ;) In all seriousness, though, I’m so happy with the good feedback this book’s been getting so far, because it is REALLY FANTASTIC. If none of my billions of recommendations posts have not convinced you to read this, I probably need to shove this book in your face.
7. STACEY JAY (Of Beast and Beauty): This. Book. A blind girl… and a beast. And finally, some awesome romantic development. You’ll love this one if you love those enemies-to-friends-to-lovers type of romances!
8. NATALIE PALMER (Second Kiss): To be honest, I can’t remember a lot about this book since it’s been a year since I read it. I think I might have cried. I’m pretty sure I swooned. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!
9. LINDSAY RIBAR (The Art of Wishing): GENIES, PEOPLE. Yep. Genies. And romance. Enough said, I believe.
10. COURTNEY C. STEVENS (Faking Normal): My darling Bodee. Other people need to witness your sweetness. Raw and real–this book talks about sins, consequences and justice. A good book to push all your emotional buttons.
Leave links to your TTT posts or share some of your favorite underrated authors!
Aimee loves being a little bookworm (okay–she doesn’t like being little). She also loves chocolates and sweets but is freaked out by the thought of possibly getting diabetes.