January is now over and February has just arrived! It’s time for another monthly summary and goals for the next month.
AIMEE’S JANUARY SUMMARY: In January, I read a total of 9 full-length novels and 6 volumes of manga. Not bad, but I was aiming for at least 10 books (full-length novels) this month. Oh well, better luck next time! For the full-length novels, I have an average rating of 2.7 stars. It wasn’t a very good reading month for me, considering I only read 2 four-star books (not including manga), and the rest were three stars and below. Hopefully the rest of the year will bring me some five-star reads!
AIMEE’S JANUARY IN DETAIL: Here are all of the books I read this month, including my ratings and my links to reviews–
- The Collector (Dante Walker, #1) by Victoria Scott – 2 stars – review
- The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass – 2 stars – review
- Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross – 2.5 stars – review
- The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken – 4 stars – review at The Social Potato
- [ARC] Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge – 3 stars – review
- [ARC] Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy – 1.5 stars – review at The Social Potato
- [ARC] The Unbound (The Archive, #2) by Victoria Schwab – 4 stars – review at The Social Potato
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas – 2.5 stars – review
- A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller – 3 stars – review to come
DYAN’S JANUARY IN DETAIL: Dyan isn’t really one for sharing, so let’s get right to it! She read 8 full-length novels this month, with an average rating of 3 stars.
- Backward Compatible by Sarah Daltry & Pete Clark – 3 stars – review
- Branded (Fall of Angels, #1) by Keary Taylor – 3 stars
- Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1) by J.L. Bryan – DNF
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – 2 stars – review
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor – 5 stars
- Shade (Shade, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready – 4 stars
- [ARC] The Rising (The Painted Maidens Trilogy, #1) by Terra Harmony – 4 stars – review to come, maybe
- Vanish (Firelight, #2) by Sophie Jordan – 2 stars
OTHER AWESOME THINGS IN JANUARY:
- I started my first original feature, That’s My Girl!, which features awesome heroines monthly. You can view the first post here!
- I changed the blog header. Again!
AIMEE’S FEBRUARY GOALS: So, my goal in February is to read at least 10 full-length books. I just have to read/finish the following books in February:
- Alienated (Alienated, #1) by Melissa Landers – I have heard nothing but good things from the people who’ve received advanced copies of this one and cannot wait for its release this month! Hopefully I can buddy read it with my friend Meg.
- Split Second (Pivot Point, #2) by Kasie West – The first book was adorable and they say this one’s even more so!
- Cress (Cinder, #3) by Marissa Meyer – Who wants more Thorne? I do!
AIMEE’S BLOGGING GOALS IN FEBRUARY:
- Discover and follow at least ten new blogs. I told myself that I should connect with more bloggers and reviewers. I’ve already started out by adding some bloggers on Goodreads to chat about books! *Hint: If you’re a blogger and I don’t follow your blog/we’re not Goodreads friends, leave a comment and I’ll check you (er, your blog) out!
- Leave more comments on other blogs. I usually only comment on reviews of books I’ve read/want to read, but maybe I should branch out and check out reviews of books I haven’t heard of.
Well, that’s all for this wrap-up post! If you have your own monthly summary posts, be sure to leave links so I can check them out!