First of all, I’d like to wish you guys a merry, merry Christmas! As for those who don’t celebrate Christmas, I’d like to greet you guys happy holidays instead!
Ah, this Christmas was a busy one. I’ve been going back and forth between malls to find gifts for my friends and family. My reader friends weren’t a problem, though! I just love picking out books, buying them and wrapping them up nicely! Of course, I bet it wasn’t difficult to find gifts for me, either–just get me a book, a gift certificate or anything bookish and I’ll be a happy kid.
I wanted to thank my friends and family for these lovelies (as well as the gift certificates to local bookstores–yipee!):
- Mind Games (Mind Games, #1) by Kiersten White [Goodreads] — I really enjoy reading books by this author. Despite the rants I’ve been hearing about this one, I still want to give it a shot!
- The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass [Goodreads] — With tons of praise as well as tons of hate, I think I’m the only one who hasn’t read this one yet.
- Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris [Goodreads] — My Goodreads friends have all rated this one highly (average rating 4.38) and I definitely want to see what the hype’s all about!
- Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu [Goodreads | Review] — As you all know, I’ve already read and adored this book! I wanted a physical copy and cannot thank my friend enough for gifting it to me!
- The Archived (The Archived, #1) by Victoria Schwab [Goodreads] — Gothic mysteries? Of course I’m in! I’ve already read from this author and her writing was lovely.
- Steelheart (Steelheart, #1) by Brandon Sanderson [Goodreads] — If my picky reader friends have praised it, then I have to read it!
- Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown [Goodreads] — I haven’t read the first one yet, but still! I guess it’s hard to pick a book for me if they didn’t ask first. :s
Anyways, merry Christmas again to all! What books did you give and receive for Christmas?